The Newcastle University International Postgraduate Scholarship (NUIPS) awards are available for international students starting their studies in September 2014, in the 2014-15 academic year. Each scholarship will have a value of £1,500 per year, payable towards tuition fees.
You could be eligible to apply for a NUIPS award if you:
- have been offered a place on any postgraduate taught degree programme
- have been assessed as international/overseas for fees purposes
- hold a first-class honours degree and IELTS 7.0. and you are applying for a degree programme within the faculties of HaSS (Humanities & Social Sciences) and MedSci (Medical Sciences)
- hold a first-class honours degree or a higher second-class honours degree and IELTS 6.5. and you are applying for a degree programme within the faculty of SAgE (Science, Agriculture and Engineering)
(Applicants who do not hold a first-class or upper-second-class honours degree at the time of their scholarship application will be considered for NUIPS awards conditional upon their final results).
- intend to register to start your studies during the 2014-15 academic year
(Continuing students are not eligible to apply; applicants must be starting a new degree programme in 2014-15).
How to apply
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 30 May 2014. To apply for the scholarship please complete the electronic application form. Please read the NUIPS regulations (Word Doc:16.7 KB) carefully before applying.
Please note: NUIPS applications cannot be considered unless you have already applied for and been offered a place to study at the University in the 2014/15 academic year.
For further information, please contact:
Student Wellbeing Service
Newcastle upon Tyne
Telephone: +44 (0) 191 208 5537/8107
Enquire online: www.ncl.ac.uk/enquiries