This Erasmus Mundus course, Masters in Strategic Project Management (European), known as MSPME, is a unique programme in the field of Business Management. It is the only masters programme that takes an international perspective to the strong and growing demand for strategic thinkers who can deliver core business activities and realise competitive strategies in public, private and voluntary sector organisations through the implementation of strategic projects.Over a 16 month period, students will study at three internationally renowned institutions across three different countries.
- Heriot Watt University, School of Management & Languages, Edinburgh, UK.
- Politecnico di Milano, School of Management in Milan, Italy.
- Umeå University, Umeå School of Business and Economics in Sweden.
How to Apply
All applications for admission onto the MSPME programme should be made via the Heriot-Watt University online application system (Strategic Project Management (European Masters), MSc programme). Please note all applications are processed through the Heriot-Watt University online application system and must be submitted by the stated deadlines. All accompanying documentation must also be submitted by the relevant deadlines stated below.
For consideration, all applications must be complete, in English, and accompanied by full documentation. Where documents are not in English, we require both the original plus a certified translation into English. The following documentation should be uploaded at the time of application:
- Completed online application form.
- Motivational Statement (maximum 1000 words).
- Curriculum vitae.
- Certified copy of previous university qualification(s).
- Official university transcript(s) of all marks from all previous university qualifications.
- Proof of level of English language ability.
- Evidence of any professional qualifications.
- Two letters of recommendation, preferably from the university or institute that awarded the first degree.
- A copy of the ID page from your passport.
- Financial guarantee showing ability to cover the costs of the programme whether self, family, employer or scholarship, (can be supplied at a later date and not required for scholarship only applications).
The deadline for Erasmus Mundus applications for the academic year 2013 is 6th January 2013, Sunday 23:00hrs GMT.
Sunday 26th May 2013, 23:00hrs GMT for self-funded students.
Fees & Scholarships
MSPME fees include the cost of all administrative expenses, tuition, site visits, guest lectures and travel insurance. Fees for 2012-14 will be as follows
- Overseas Students €15,000
- European Union Students €12,000
MSPME offers a number of scholarship opportunities. These are highly competitive and include:
- Erasmus Mundus scholarships are available to Third Country and European applicants.
- MSPME Consortium Scholarship: Awarded on merit as follows to non-Erasmus funded student: Overseas Students €4,500 & European Union Students €3,000
- The Autostrade per l’italia Scholarship: Opportunity for a scholarship awarded by Autostrade per l’italia, based on CV and competitive selection. The amount of the scholarship offered by Autostrade per l’Italia is tuition fee (either €12000 or €15000) + €8000 as contribution to living expenses The criteria for this scholarship are: degree: BSc/MSc in Engineering; nationality: Europe, Americas, India; age: up to 30 years
Applicants who wish to be considered for a scholarship should indicate the type of scholarship on their on-line application form for MSPME. No separate funding application will be necessary.
Erasmus Mundus scholarships are available to applicants of exceptional merit from all countries. You must be a gradute before the application deadline in January. We won’t accept application documents after the deadline. There are two types of scholarship offered by the European Commission.The deadline for applications is Sunday 6th January 2013, 23:00hrs GMT. The results will be communicated from February onwards.
These are as follows:
- Third Country (Category A): Applicants are not nationals or resident of either a Member State of the European Union or an EEA-EFTA State (Iceland, Norway and Liechtenstein) and have not carried out their main activity (studies, work etc.) for a period of 12 months over the last 5 years in one of these countries. The total value of Erasmus Mundus scholarship will be €36,000, comprising: €12,000 toward the Participation Fee of €15,000; travel cost of €8,000; and a 16 x monthly bursary of €1,000. In addition, the total value of the MSMPE Consortium Scholarship will be €3,000 toward the Participation Fee of €15,000.
- European (Category B): Applicants who do not fulfill the Category A criteria stated above. The total value of Erasmus Mundus scholarship will be €14,000, comprising: €6,000 toward the Participation Fees of €12,000; and a 16 x monthly bursary of €500. In addition, the total value of the MSMPE Consortium Scholarship will be €6,000 toward the Participation Fee of €12,000.
All Erasmus Mundus funded students receive comprehensive travel insurance as part of their scholarship.
For more information, please visit : official website